- 2 coconut liners at $3.99 each
- 2 4-packs of purple pirouette petunias (grandiflora double) at $1.70 per 4-pack
- 2 4-packs of white alyssum at $1.70 per 4-pack
- 2 vinca majors at $1.75 each
- 1 bag top soil at $3.99
- Potting soil
- Oregano (or marjoram?) — dug up some that had spread
The coco liners were too tall for the containers, so I trimmed the liners until they were flush with the top edge of the metal basket. I lined each coco basket with the bottom of a white plastic tall kitchen garbage bag and cut snips for water to escape.
I filled the plastic lined coco basket with a mixture of top soil and potting soil, then planted the plants. I watered in with two pitchers of fresh, cold water. It’s 90 today and sunny.